Good afternoon everyone. I’ve uploaded the second of two problems sets introducing Newton’s laws of motion. You can find them here.
It’s always a good idea to have a systematic approach to solving problems, especially in the sciences, especially in beginning physics. Here’s a process to consider, and one which I’ll do my best to demonstrate as we go along:
- List variables and unknowns as you read the problem.
- Draw a picture (you don’t need to be Rembrandt or Matisse).
- Plan how to find your unknown ans choose an equation to use.
- Solve your selected equation for the unknown.
- Plug your numbers in and calculate.
Pretty easy once you get the hang on it. I think drawing a picture is so helpful ’cause a lot of times it helps you see what you need to do.
I hope you enjoy this set. another will be uploaded soon.